ILS Technology Scholarship
To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to:
- Be admitted to the Master of Library Science, the Master of Information Science, or the dual MIS/MLS.
- Fall 2017: admitted by 5/15/17 – and have accepted the award by 6/1/17
- Be enrolled in full-time studies for the first term – and be enrolled in 9 ILS credit hours.
*Students in dual-degree programs outside ILS need to complete 12 ILS credit hours in their first year.
- It is expected that students who receive the ILS Technology Scholarship will maintain the minimum 3.0 required semester and cumulative grade point average.
- Students admitted on academic probation are not eligible for this award.
This award is worth $1,000 and is redeemable in one of three options:
- Use the award to purchase an iPad or computer from the IU bookstore.
- Use the award to for another technology purchase
- Use the award to help offset the cost of fees and tuition for the first year.
*Options 1 and 2 will be processed as a $1,000 award added to your account in the Fall ’17 semester, and option 3 will be processed as $500 added to your account in both Fall ’17 and Spring ‘18
1) If you are scheduled to receive student loans, there is a possibility that this award may reduce your student loan amount (value $1,000.) Check with the IU Office of Student Financial Assistance if you need clarification. 2) Any applicable income taxes may be applied to this award and will be the responsibility of the student. For additional information please check: http://studentcentral.indiana.edu/financial-aid/index.shtml and http://bursar.indiana.edu/