Shape how people use information—now and for decades to come.
That’s what you’ll learn to do in our information and library science programs: work with and manage the information that is central to people’s work and lives, and help people access it in ways that are easy and helpful.
It’s a big task, and one that’s in high demand. With your curiosity and talents, and our nationally recognized faculty and programs—in 2017 U.S. News & World Report ranked our programs ninth nationally—you’ll be ready.
- Master of Information Science (M.I.S.), for students who like to analyze, organize, and manipulate information—and want to be the architects of the information culture
- We have an Accelerated Master's Program in Information Science, a dual-degree program that combines a B.S. or B.A. and a Master of Information Science in five years
- Master of Library Science (M.L.S.), for students who like to find, organize, and preserve information—and help others navigate the digital world
- We have an Accelerated Master's Program in Library Science, a dual-degree program that combines a B.S. or B.A. and a Master of Information Science in five years
- M.S. in Data Science, exploring big data as it relates to a range of applications and domains
- Dual Degrees and Specializations, for the M.I.S. and M.L.S. that expand professional opportunities
- Specialist in Library and Information Science, for post-master’s students who want to learn more about an area or prepare for a new career
- Ph.D. in Information Science, for people who want to be researchers, teachers, or consultants (we also offer a Ph.D. minor)
- Graduate Certificate in Data Science, an online program for people who want to broaden their horizons by investigating the cutting edge field of Big Data
- Graduate Certificate in Information Architecture, addressing the design of effective and efficient information systems and structures that provide access to collections of information resources
- State Certifications in Public Libraries
- Undergraduate Minor: Intelligence Studies