Welcome, graduates of the Department of Information and Library Science! This page is to help you connect with other ILS alumni and to learn about events sponsored by ILS, the School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering (SICE), and Indiana University. We also want to gather elements of our department’s history here.
Stay in touch
- Send us your accomplishments and class notes for the ILS biannual newsletter.
- Follow SICE alumni news in the current alumni magazines.
- Read archived ILS, SLIS, GLS - and earlier - alumni newsletters (back to 1954) - now in the IU Archives of Institutional Memory. Navigation steps are included in an ILS News Story about the digitization project.
Be featured on our website in a news article or spotlight
Update your information with the IU Alumni Association.
Help us energize our social media. Prospective students are exploring social media to make decisions about graduate school, and social media is also a great way for alumni to network.
- ILS Alumni Facebook Group: Founded by an ILS alumna, this facebook group is open to all graduates of ILS programs
Attend Our Events
- The SICE Development and Alumni Relations staff plan ILS alumni events at professional association conferences, coordinate alumni outreach, and meet individually with alumni. If you have ideas for an initiative – please feel free to contact us.
- Join the ILS listserv by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "subscribe ilsalumni-l" as the message, Mary Beth Roska, the ILS alumni liason for the school, manages this listserv.
- Join us for ILS events including the annual Kaser Lecture Series or meet with us at one of the professional association conferences.
Engage with ILS & SICE
- Nominate a candidate for the ILS Distinguished Alumni Award.
- Nominate an alumni for a school-wide SICE Award: Career Achievement, Young Alumni, or Distinguished Services.
- Supervise one of our current students in an internship or hire them at your current company
- Volunteer, join the SICE Alumni Association, connect with the SICE Alumni Board or ILS Advisory Committee for Professional Programs.
- Give Back: support our students and the strength of our programs using the "Give Now" button online. One option is to select "Use my gift to support - School and Colleges - IU Bloomington - School of Informatics and Computing - Information and Library Science Student Support Fund." Each gift is appreciated.