Welcome graduates of the Department of Information and Library Science. This page is to help you connect with other ILS alumni and to learn about events sponsored by ILS, the School of Informatics and Computing, and Indiana University. We also want to gather elements of our department’s history here.
- Help us energize our social media. Prospective students are exploring social media to make decisions about graduate school, and social media is also a great way for alumni to network.
- ILS Alumni Facebook Group: Founded by an ILS alumna, this facebook group is open to all graduates of ILS programs.
- The SoIC Development and Alumni Relations staff plan ILS alumni events at professional association conferences, coordinate alumni outreach, and meet individually with alumni. If you have ideas for an initiative – please feel free to contact us.
- Join the ILS listserv by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "subscribe ilsalumni-l" as the message, Mary Beth Roska, the ILS alumni liason for the school, manages this listserv.
- Update your information with the IU Alumni Association.
- Nominate a candidate for the ILS Distinguished Alumni Award.
- Nominate an alumni for a school-wide SoIC Award: Career Achievement, Young Alumni, or Distinguished Services.
- Read archived ILS, SLIS, GLS - and earlier - alumni newsletters (back to 1954) - now in the IU Archives of Institutional Memory. Navigation steps are included in an ILS News Story about the digitization project.
- Follow ILS and SoIC alumni news in the current alumni magazines.
- Learn more about ways to support our School.
- Support our students and the strength of our programs using the "Give Now" button online. One option is to select "Use my gift to support - School and Colleges - IU Bloomington - School of Informatics and Computing - Information and Library Science Student Support Fund." Each gift is appreciated.